Mozilla Firefox 1.0 Release Candidate 2 released
Ben Goodger lets us know through his Inside Firefox blog, that the second release candidate of Firefox 1.0 has been released on the FTP servers.
RC2 Builds Available
Firefox 1.0 RC2 builds are now starting to trickle in at:
Other languages can be found by browsing the directory hierarchy on the website. We'll distribute these localized builds as best we can from the mozilla.org website using a) smart language autodetection and b) a page listing all language/platform offerings.
As Asa mentioned for the 1.0 RC1 builds, there are some areas of testing focus:
Please test heavily:
- site authentication (especially over SSL)
- extension installation via update.mozilla.org and other sites.
- the MacOS X builds, a number of theme changes have been made.
- software update - we're making another attempt at this. We think we've got the bugs from RC1, so please test by following these instructions.
Please continue to test:
- the find toolbar
- gecko and website rendering
- migration from other browsers on first run
- opening links in Firefox from external applications
- focus interaction between tabs