Ben Goodger gives an update on Firefox 1.1
Ben Goodger, leading the Firefox development, has updated his Inside Firefox blog with more information concerning the 1.1 release which will not be a hugely ambitious release.
OK, the realization that March is approaching rapidly is dawning on us. This week or next we're going to get our acts together and draw together a rough list of things we need for Firefox 1.1. This is not a hugely ambitious release, but what it will see is:
- a resync with the Mozilla development trunk, and all the performance, stability and feature work that goes along with that,
- various other Firefox bugfixes (Firefox1.1 milestone)
and from me:
- default browser/Mac Shell integration work
- Safari and other Mac profile migrators
- better Preferences and other dialog types on OS X and other platforms.
I'm hoping we'll have a schedule put together within the next couple of weeks... there's remaining work to be done and a lot of code to land, but we'd like to get all the items identified.
- Inside Firefox: Firefox 1.1